Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Not Sleeping Through The Night

When I arrived in Hong Kong, it was about 6:30 pm HK time, which is 5:30am Central time. I was obviously tired from being on the flight and I really couldn't tell if I was supposed to be sleepy or awake or what not. I slept at the Club for the first few days because my apartment wasn't ready, but I could only stay asleep for a few hours. I would wake up in the middle of the night thinking it was the middle of the afternoon. Also, I would be tired very early in the afternoon and feel like going to bed around 6, so it took me about a week to get over the time change.

While at the club I had some form of cable TV. It was about 5 local channels and 5 sports channels. On the nights I would wake up in the middle of the night, I would turn the TV on to ESPN and be able to watch a live NASCAR Race at 2am. I never thought about how hard it would be (if I was interested in sports) to watch live sporting events that took place back in the States. There is plenty of excitement now with the World Cup underway and it is not uncommon for people to head to sports bars at 2:30am HK time to see the live action of the World Cup.

My sleeping schedule is finally pretty good. I have always been one to enjoy going to bed early and waking up early. Currently, I go to bed around 8:00pm and wake up around 3:30am. This allows me time to call home to friends and family before I go to work. I realized on my first internship with a golf course it would be hard for me to stay up late anyways, but I currently have settled in to a good pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment