Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am sorry I have not written in my blog recently, but don't worry, there is still much more to come. I have been quite busy recently, and have not had the time to write. However, I did want to wish everybody a happy Thanksgiving and to give an update as to what I have been up to.

As my internship here in Hong Kong comes to an end today (it is Friday here as I write this, but still Thursday back in the States) I have been busy getting paperwork finalized to legally leave Hong Kong. It feels weird having this be my last day at work, my desk is cleaned out, and I have returned many borrowed things to people.

This afternoon after I finish work, I will head up to China for one last trip to visit a golf course and maybe a local market. I will write about that later. I will then come back tonight and begin packing tomorrow. I know my mom would be giving me an ear full if she knew I had waited until 2 days before my departure to begin packing, but I am sure I will have no problems getting it all squared away before then.

I will be back in the States on Monday, but that does not mean that my blog about my Hong Kong Adventure is over. I still have a few topics left to write on, and I also want to write about my transition back in to the US. I know many things will feel strange and I may look at things back home in a much different light. I also know the weather will be a huge change too. Currently it is 66 here and it feels pretty cold, and back home it is about 26, ugh! I have asked my family to come to the airport with my heavy Carhart, but I am sure I will still be quite cold!

I know that as I move back and get back in to the swing of things, life will be different and I will share some of that on here too. I know I will have to get used to driving again, and on the right hand side of the road instead of the left. I will have to get used to speaking American English again instead of British English. Soon a flashlight will once again be a flashlight instead of a torch, chips will mean Dorritos instead of fries and I will fill up my truck with gas instead of petrol. I will have to relearn the value of a US dollar instead of thinking in terms of Hong Kong Dollars. Yesterday I bought a shirt that was on sale for $195 HK dollars, and I know I would never pay for a shirt that cost $195 US dollars. ($195 HKD = $25 USD)

Again, I want to wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving and I will be seeing all my friends and family soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment