Monday, October 18, 2010

Victoria Peak

A few weekends ago I made the long trip down to Central, and then up to Victoria Peak. I believe this is one of the highest places in all of Hong Kong and offered some fantastic views.

To travel up the Peak I took the Peak Tram. This was a cable car than ran on the steepest set of rails I had ever seen. As we traveled up the track, the buildings outside seemed to be leaning. At the steepest part of the track, it is a 27 degree incline. The trip was about 7 minutes to climb 1,365 meters, which is about .84 miles.

Once I got to the top there was a large shopping area with a viewing center, and then many outdoor paths that wrapped around the peak. Here are some pictures I took that overlook the Central part of Hong Kong.
There are many, many buildings down in Central.


The bullet tipped building is the tallest building in Hong Kong.





Me in front of a waterfall.



More and more buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment